Wednesday, August 12, 2009

What my classmates think of the legal system?

My classmates share similar thoughts about the legal system that I do. One of the things that I liked about the legal system is that it is broken down into three parts the legislative, executive and judicial branch of government. A fellow classmate of mine Angel Perez agrees. This is a quote from his blog: “This is the greatest part about our legal system; each branch of our legal system (legislative, judicial, executive) has a specific job and each branch checks one another to make sure that they all abide by the law.” ( http://alperez322.blogspot.com/ Angel L. Perez )This evaluation can be supported by what we have read in our books and what we have discussed in class about the branches of government.

A second classmate had similar opinions of how I felt about our legal system. Andrew Veliz said that “Where it tends to be corrupt is in the upper hierarchy where the money you have, the better representation you can receive”. ( http://sincidkid24.blogspot.com/ Andrew Veliz) I said that the legal system has failed when it comes to how we handle our criminals. I feel that our beliefs can be viewed as similar because we both agree that this system is flawed. However, our opinions of the way the system is flawed differ. After reading Andrew’s blog I agree with his statement as well. The evidence of our statements come from the media. It has been said that criminals have a hard time adapting back into society. An example where money equaling good representation is evident in the O.J. Simpson trial.

A third classmate of mine Gustavo Ibarra is quoted to say “I feel that the Legal system is a savior when it is not corrupted or altered.” (http://legionsphotography.blogspot.com/ Gustavo Alonso Ibarra, Jr.) I believe that his statement is similar to my opinion as well about my likes and dislikes of the system. I feel that the system does work when it is not altered. We have learned that without the legal system we would not have too much order in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment