Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Illicit

Illicit or unlawful trade has become one of the largest crimes in the world. When you buy a knock off handbag or pair of sunglasses do you ever wonder how the person you are buying it from got the product? I myself do not think of these things when I purchase a knock off brand item. What I’m usually thinking is what a great deal I’m getting and how great it’s going to be to show people I own something expensive even though I didn’t pay full price. There is more behind your purchase than a great deal. There is a crime going on behind the scenes. There are many illegal acts taking place. For one there are people making fake product. Then they are taking this fake product and illegally distributing it all over the world. There is also a full money laundering operation. The money made from this crime needs to be cleaned so it can’t be traced. Have you ever wondered who the real criminal behind all of this illicit trading is? Well, it is you of course. You, the consumer, are actually contributing to one of the biggest crimes in the world. Without you these illicit traders could not survive. You are the main reason why they are involved in this trade in the first place. Each and every day people decide to find a cheaper alternative to buy a product. If you just worked harder and saved your money to buy the original there wouldn’t be such a major illicit trade problem in the world. The illicit traders would have no reason to trade because there was no consumer to buy and there wouldn’t be any money to be made. So think to yourself the next time you reach for your wallet to buy that fake handbag. Do I really need this? Do I really want to contribute to one of the largest crimes in the world?

No comments:

Post a Comment